KPMG in Malta is assisting the ALS Malta Foundation in its fundraising efforts.
The Foundation’s Background
Founded by Bjorn Formosa in August 2015 after he was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) himself, The ALS Malta Foundation has grown phenomenally in a short space of time. The organisation is working towards raising more funds in a bid to help raise awareness, better the lives of ALS sufferers, and improve ALS and Motor Neurone Disease (MND) research at the University of Malta. The foundation, along with Research Innovation and Development Trust (RIDT), is focused on trying to improve the lives of ALS and MND sufferers. The organisation offers significant support to ALS and MND sufferers on the island of Malta.
The planning phase has begun, and Malta’s Neuro Community Home is taking shape. The foundation began its journey towards improving the lives of patients with neurological conditions almost three years ago, and since then, a number of positive initiatives have resulted;
- Organised 101 fundraising activities
- Collected €1.4 million in funds through televised donations.
- Delivered more than €500k in medical equipment to patients
- Launched several research projects and a yearly PhD Scholarship
- Opened the ALS Home, Dar Bjorn in Qormi, currently hosting 13 patients (with a waiting list of 20 people)
- Ongoing assistance for another 100 patients in their homes
- Made available services to another 1000 patients with ALS, MS, Huntington’s, Parkinsonism and other neurological conditions
- Had no paid employees – 100% volunteers
To further the organisation’s success to date, it has some key goals, include its desire to;
- Maintain the full €1.4 million raised to date in order to pursue a project that is estimated to cost €3.4 million
- Identify and build a newer and bigger Dar Bjorn facility to host more patients
- Assist current national residential neurological patients with a state of the art solution
- Host more patients, whilst offering respite services and specialised clinics and facilities
- Raise an additional €2 million for this dream to come true
10/30/2018ALS Malta Fundraising | An iGaming Initiative Powered by KPMG: Bronze€95.00