We feel that our game is one of a kind since it is neither a board game, nor a card game, but rather a hybrid between the two in which we infused the best aspects of both games to make a new compound version. We found this to be an innovative and new idea since there is no other game which is similar in the same category, making this a fun, new and creative game.
Akindo is a board game which is played among a group of 3-6 players. The aim of the game is to get 3 cards in a row on your board by collecting cards and answering questions which are related to Maltese culture. The steps to the game are as followed:
- There is one dealer and everyone else is a player
- Each player gets their own separate board which can be seen by the other players
- The dealer will have the deck of cards and picks a random card from the deck without showing anyone and reads the question about Maltese culture
- The first player to say the answer gets to keep the card and place it on their board.
- The twist is that the players could get an even ‘steal’ any card if they answer the question right even if the matching picture isn’t on their board.
- If both players do not know what the answer is, then the dealer would tell them the hint which is written on the card along with the question and answer
- Repeat step 3-5
- The first player to have 3 cards in a row (vertical, horizontal or diagonal), wins.