Women for Women (Malta) is an online Facebook community of over 30,000 women. The group was set up by Francesca Fenech Conti in 2015.
Working with and supporting experts in the field of domestic violence and poverty like St. Jeanne Antide Foundation, Soar, Djakunija M’Scala, Migrant Women Association, Women’s Rights Foundation and other local organisations, the women from Women for Women have already raised over 25,000 euros to help various individual service users.
Below are a few of the initiatives the Women for Women community have already crowdfunded and raised money for:
- An over-ground swimming pool for a children’s care home in Zabbar – €750
- Hearing aid for a domestic violence survivor who needed it for her studies – €800
- Raised funds to pay electricity bills for various families – €3000
- Supported 3 girls in Africa to complete their education – €6,500
- Donated money to Djakunija Marsascala to help families in their locality – €550
- Bought 2 laptops and printer to enable vulnerable women to return to education – €2000
- Raised money to loan women (without interest) €5,125
- Bought and delivered food, clothes and other donations to various families around the island – over €3,000
- Paid medical bills for various medication – €600
- Acquired washing machines, fridges, heaters and other household appliances through their network of contacts – over €2,000
- Provided free legal advice and paid for court expenses for victims of domestic violence – priceless
- Provide nappies, powered milk, baby clothes and other baby equipment on a regular basis – priceless
The Women for Women Foundation and its Social Fund will cater for the emergency financial needs of women with children. Women and their children will be at the heart of this fund because research shows that single women with children have specific and differing needs to other socioeconomic groups. We believe in empowering women by giving them the financial support they need in difficult times to enable them to raise their children, in a safe and nurturing home environment. To fulfil these goals we will continuously be working closely with organisations and experts in the field of domestic violence, poverty and homelessness.
To raise money efficiently and effectively and to guarantee transparency and accountability The Women for Women Social fund will be managed by the Women for Women Foundation. As has been done so far, funds will be generated through fundraising from the community members but also by organising activities and events, commercial activities and by inspiring others to do the same.
Francesca and her core team of professionals who will be running the Foundation are all volunteering their time and services for free.
To continue the work done so far in a more structured professional way they now need your help too.
They want your help to raise at least €10,000 by January 2020:
- For the initial set up of the fund and the foundation including all the requirements set out by law.
- For the provision of interest-free microloans. To empower women to improve their long term prospects by investing in the short term.
- To be able to support women and children in vulnerable situations by providing monetary assistance/free products, vouchers and services to enable them to overcome unexpected difficult circumstances such as illness or homelessness.
12/30/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €20 or more€20.00
12/29/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €20 or more€30.00
12/29/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €10 or more€10.00
12/29/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €20 or more€25.00
12/29/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €50 or more€50.00
12/28/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €5 or more€5.00
12/27/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €20 or more€20.00
12/24/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €20 or more€20.00
12/24/2019Women for Women Social Fund: €100 or more€100.00
12/23/2019Women for Women Social Fund: Donate €5 or more€5.00